Where will this programme take your career?
Playing a key role in keeping our nation continuously safe is just the start. Whichever pathway you take, you’ll gain excellent experience that will springboard your career like nowhere else.
Our engineering teams support a wide range of activities: from warhead engineering; novel nuclear forensics capabilities to using state-of-the-art 3D virtual imagery to visualise complex engineering behaviours and characteristics typically found in a warhead.
What can I expect from the Engineering programme
During your time on the scheme, you’ll get the opportunity to go on a number of placements right across our business that will give you a broad awareness and understanding of the exciting work we are involved in.
You’ll also complete 6-month placements in our 3 engineering areas; Warhead Engineering, Production and Assets Engineering and Capital Engineering.
You’ll have access to a wide range of training and development that will support you on your path for a career in engineering including:
- NX Cad software
- A ‘Design to Manufacture’ course providing the opportunity to get hands on
- GD&T (Geometric Design and Tolerancing)
- Support for professional registration
Here are just some of the roles you could have a successful career in:
- Warhead Systems Engineer – help to modernise, digitise, centralise, and synergise capability in managing the product lifecycle efficiently, safely, and securely
- Manufacturing Engineer – a once-in-a-generation chance to design and shape the UK’s future nuclear deterrent using innovation and the latest technologies, processes and capabilities
- Project Engineer – directly support our Engineering Management Team by maintaining the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from facility design inception through to project handover to the operational phase.